View Single Post
      02-10-2015, 06:06 PM   #1
CERS 1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5 50i

RaceChip 50i & the correct install cable....

First, Special thanks to opasha for helping me this weekend get everything sorted out! You're a generous guy with your time and I can't thank you enough.

If you order, or plan to order the RaceChip Ultimate for the 50i its very important that you stress to your supplier that you need the pink cable #8720 not the red one #4720. Do not even bother trying to install with the red cable. It will result in a "drivetrain malfunction" which triggers some sort of limp mode for lack of a technical term immediately after starting your car.

Considering my package came directly from Racechip germany with only one cable, there may be some confusion across the supply chain as to which part will work with our engine.

***Important***
All parties rushed the replacement part and agreed to expedite shipping at no additional cost. The intent of my post is to ensure that any additional orders don't have to wait for the corrected cable. Its torture when you install have problems and then have to wait for a replacement part from germany!
Appreciate 2