View Single Post
      05-28-2014, 06:32 PM   #35
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic80 View Post
Mine are also blue too. Odd that zipforia's is black? Did you buy the entire kit or just partial? It should have come with 4 rotors, calipers, etc.

I saw these ACS wheels at the Bimmerfest and I wasn't really crazy about them. I like the 599M's much better but of course it's all personal preference. We have the same color, Space Grey.

As for how to take pictures without a DSLR...it really is all about lighting, composition and placement. I've taken a bunch of nice shots with just a P&S.

I'll have to look into the full brake kit when ordering - any recommendations on where to buy for the best price? I guess getbmwparts is still the best price.

I, myself, prefer a machined alloy finish, which our wheels (599 and 310) have because it really shines when cleaned. Black wheels are a hit or miss in my opinion, but I think these ACS are subtle. Normally, black wheels just disappear, but the finish on Z's works for the Space Grey; they add an aggressive look without appearing awkward. I hate chrome wheels with a passion. You're 100% right about it being a personal preference as everyone's definition of perfection/beauty varies.

I figured as much in regards to angles and lighting, but are there any specific filters/effects you recommend with a point and shoot? I've been using macro lately on my Note 3 in order to really bring the primary image into perspective. I just really like the way you captured the night garage scenes of your X5. The image quality and angles are amazing. Is that at all possible with my Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX20 16.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Camera with 4x Optical Zoom? Thanks!