06-05-2017, 01:23 PM   #63
Animal Farm
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F30/Volvo XC90II T6

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JLT- View Post
for those with kids ... time sure goes by fast. I can't believe my son just finished his drivers ed class and will be getting his drivers license this September when he turns 16. I was going to get him a new BMW, probably an X1 or 2-series, but instead gave him the ride we bought my wife's mom in 2011, an Audi Q5 2.0T. and for her mom, we got her a 2017 BMW X3.

I always modify my rides so this was no exception. even though it wasn't my ride, u would think my son would be so grateful and excited about me modding his first ride. well, he sorta is, and told me: "Dad, just don't go crazy." I guess he knows me to well . the first 3 things I always do to my rides are: tints (including windshield), lowering (springs or coilovers), and wheels (spacers if I really like the stock wheels).

so as soon as I knew he was getting the Q5, my modding research began. I immediately took my ride to Wrapped Chicago to get the front windows and windshield tinted. for lowering, I love how my M4 'vert feels with KW V3 so I decided to go with KW V1. as for wheels, I went with Vorsteiner V-FF 103 in silver finish 20x10 squared and Continental DSW06 275/40/20 tires. mad props to Mops and Eric at Supremepower for the coilovers and wheels. I also, didn't like the front grill so I ordered a S-Line one and had it painted gloss black (except for the Audi logo).

I just want to say how much I appreciate the folks at A&L Autobody, especially my man Anthony and Dylan (keeping me updated with status and pics) for taking great care of my rides. those peeps there are like my family! anyways, here are some pics:

before:
No words - watch the video

Appreciate 1
-JLT-3455.00