07-14-2014, 06:40 PM   #37
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33 View Post
@opasha,
If RaceChip meant to be connected to the TMAP sensor, that you got them correct.
Just FYI, the x5 5.0i is N63TU engine, it is different than the N63 engine that are on the 2009-2013 models.
You may want to bring that up to RaceChip guys.
I unfortunately wouldn't be able to help you further since I don't sell RaceChip.
Maybe @greentrbo95gst able to help you.
Yeah, thanks for the help regardless, buddy. I spoke to the same RaceChip tech guy, he told me it looked like everything was installed correctly. He says it supposedly takes him minutes to do (I don't believe him as I saw the whole process myself from one of the best mechanics in my town, but hey he maybe a super mechanic, so who knows ).

He also said that the Drivetrain Malfunction was most likely first caused by changing the S2 to E rather than leaving it as is on B. So yeah, anyone who buys a 5.0i chip, do not mess with the stock settings of the chip, leave S1 to 1 and S2 to B. He said the Drivetrain Malfunction should go away after a few engine starts if it was all installed correctly, which it was as I saw the whole process from start to finish. He said the OBD reset should have worked and was confused as to why my mechanic's machine wasn't able to do it. He said if the Drivetrain Malfunction error is still there after a few engine starts and does not go away on its own, something was not installed properly or is not catching a circuit correctly. Basically, I have to play the waiting game or get another shop to do a reset of this malfunction error. Obviously, BMW is out of the question because then they would see the tune. Taking it off is also not an option right now considering how long it took to put it on and then just to reset it and put it back on makes no sense. I'm not going to pay $120 for removal and reinstall, lol. He also said a lot of the guys here are misinformed in the forums with the S2 to E setting for the 3.5 models. He said it goes even higher than that and said something else about different engines and what they output (I kind of stopped listening to that since it had nothing to do with my engine).