04-09-2014, 11:38 AM   #83
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
Hate to disagree...I think X3 and X5 will maintain the majority of the market share....
Me & my wife personally love the X6...and we were planning to buy one back in 2011...having to test drive it and as soon as sitting in the back seat, the X6 was out of my option list... we ended up buying the X3 (the new Gen had just been released back then)...
Neither X6 nor X4 are a family car IMO...as much as they are roomy in the front seats, they are crampy in the rear seats,...our X3 had more room at the back than the X6...so they will remain a sporty car for most couples...not saying no family buys them...just that if you are considering space for your kids, then X5 and X3 are still the way to go...
I always enjoy seeing a X6 in the street though...i think it is exceptionally unique and sexy...
My wife also felt the same way about the X6, hated the sloping roofline which for her made it hard to get young kid(s) in and out of the car, so I got her a GL550 which has none of those concerns.

For me it's never been an issue and my 3yo daughter loves climbing into the DadMobile (tm).

I do agree it can be a pain for many people. The sacrifices we make to drive a cooler car, you know?! I can relate because I thought along similar lines and ended up getting an X6M instead of one of the 6-Series Convertible variants so I can more easily shlep the kids around and go to the beach and stuff. My choice was between "completely utterly impractical yet totally freaking awesome" and "just slightly impractical but still really freaking awesome", hehe.

Appreciate 0