Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
My wife also felt the same way about the X6, hated the sloping roofline which for her made it hard to get young kid(s) in and out of the car, so I got her a GL550 which has none of those concerns.

For me it's never been an issue and my 3yo daughter loves climbing into the DadMobile (tm).

I do agree it can be a pain for many people. The sacrifices we make to drive a cooler car, you know?! I can relate because I thought along similar lines and ended up getting an X6M instead of one of the 6-Series Convertible variants so I can more easily shlep the kids around and go to the beach and stuff. My choice was between "completely utterly impractical yet totally freaking awesome" and "just slightly impractical but still really freaking awesome", hehe.

good note...
the difference you have is that you guys wanted to go for two SUV's (or larger vehicles)...whereas in our scenario I definitely wanted one sedan for more "in-bound" trips if you will with lower fuel consumption and one SUV (or SAV as BMW calls it)...
yes probably if our options were two go with 2 larger vehicles, one would have definitely been the X6 and I can tell you, in that scenario, my wife would have been more persuasive...
Again, if I could have afforded two cars in the same price range like yours, and one had to be more like a "kids-friendly" type of SUV just like our X5, I still would have opt-ed for a 6 series Grand Coupe or something like that..., I still need a sedan as much as I like having a high wheeler...
Appreciate 0