10-17-2014, 10:54 AM   #32
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdriverx View Post
What convinced me to buy the LED over standard xenons was not only was it brighter and "newer" looking, but the front turn signals are also LED compared to the old halogen bulbs on the standard xenon's turn signal. It's just so satisfying to see that thin yellow light flash on and off vs. the slow glow of the halogen bulbs. Really makes the X5 look like a new generation vehicle.
Totally agree, you know my take on this LED thing is, remember when 2011 E70 was released with those yellow halo lights and everyone had to buy bright light angel eyes update and mess their knuckles trying to swap them? Why? Because standard rings were yellow-ish.

Now, the current standard halos are still pretty cool, bright and attractive, but people will be complaining as they see more and more LEDs why they have an ugly amber bulb as turn signal, so they will try to swap it with LED which will give them flickers or errors until they code their vehicle, it only costs $100 and sure beats the ridiculous $1900 tag of LED package but you still don't get the overall good looks.

The only issue I see with this is that when low beams are on the halos almost disappear and there is a very obvious glare off the headlight lenses on LEDs which is not as apparent on the xenons. Or maybe because LEDs are brighter on shorter range it makes any dirt, etc shine right back? Glad I got the winter package with headlight washers..
When @opasha takes pictures side by side with LED we will be able see those, but his is not going to be a fair comparison since he got the LED turn signals so his is less ugly.