View Single Post
      02-12-2015, 06:46 PM   #24
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray knight View Post
Well we just took a trip last week and had the X5 cargo space stacked to the ceiling! And the 30+ MPG is really nice. I would not want to drive an M car across country with my wife and 2 kids. Heck my M5 gets 11mpg! X6M has to be worse. To me an X6M would be just a bit too hairy for a daily year round car but would be great for alone driving. If you are married with small kids you would probably see what i'm talking about there. Lol. The 35d is great (perfect) for that duty. I'm looking at the X6M more as a beefed up/tall RS7 type fun to drive car. I like the x drive and love the Driving position. The Raptor is for hauling my bikes and stuff. Its rubbish to drive otherwise. Looks cool though.
I get 18-19 mpg in my X6M on long drives and about 12 mpg on short drives in the city. I have three kids and X6M provides enough space for most of the trips, if not all of the trips. I think the emotional appeal is a lot more important to me than space (as long as there is a decent amount of space to start with) but everyone has their own priorities. How much extra do you really get with an X5 and how often do you get to need that extra space?
I think X6M has a much more aggressive stance and a different character but I am obviously biased.
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0