View Single Post
      04-28-2014, 01:20 PM   #9
BMWMN1971
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i MSport

I have a question related to this. My F15 has the poor version of instrument cluster which does not have the extended display Thus, I have seen 3 different options of illumination in my instrument cluster all with DLR ON:

1) Lights on Auto during the day (sunshine and bright outside): speedometer and tachometer have illumination at all and the LCD display is lit in white
2) Lights on Auto during the day (rainy/dar sky kind of dark outside but not night dark): speedometer and tachometer are lit in orange and LCD display is lit in white
3) Lights on Auto or ON position during the night: speedometer and tachometer are lit in orange and LCD display is also lit in orange.

I would assume that on option 2 above the headlights turned on automatic but the LCD display stays in white for some reason that did not trigger it to turn orange. I was wondering if there is a way to have the car to always have the speedometer and tachometer lit in orange and the LCD display in white during the day (no headlights ON) and turn it all orange during the night. I still curse BMW everyday for selling me a car with an instrument cluster that has no illumination during the day. Any thoughts if it has a setting or coding that would do the trick?
Appreciate 0