Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
You know how there are cases where leases make sense and then cases where they don't? This is the latter. Buy something.
I'm the a similar situation as the OP. I drive in excess of 30k a year. I bought two Audis in a row and used them like toilet paper. By the time I was done with my S4 after 5 years, it was garbage. It needed a new engine, it was constantly in the shop etc. It was so inconvenient to take it to my mechanic because I would have to rent a car, and the dealership was charging wayyyy to much. I started leasing and never looked back. A new car every 3 years, pay a couple thousand for overages, and less monthly. And yes, I did the math.

I did a 5 year projection. In 5 years I would have paid the same for a leased car as I would for a new car, except I would have a brand new car after 3 years. The only way that purchasing would be adventageous is if I kept the car after it was paid off... but then I would be stuck with an aging car with high maintenance.

Currently, I think the best solution is to lease my "fun" car and have a used economic car that I wouldn't mind keeping for 10 years. I would split the miles between my leased car and my owned car. That way, the wear and tear is split, and I still get a new "fun" car every three years.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0