06-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #81
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armen383 View Post
As more and more members of the forum have the M performance brake kit installed, I'm yet to see a review of "how it feels". Couldn't care less about the looks (you can't see those brakes/calipers when driving anyway), but it's really interesting to hear how the upgraded brakes feel compared to the standard ones. I.e. - do the standard ones fade a lot faster after a number of heavy breaking situations or what (I believe the M performance fade as well since these are not "proper" carbon ceramic brakes from Brembo/etc we're talking about here)? Does the difference justify the price for the package or you can barely feel it?
Probably makes no difference at all in reality especially at the speeds these cars are driven day-to-day however I suppose someone who lives in the mountains might benefit from the improved resistance to fading.

Yes, they might look better than the 'standard' brakes and 90% of the people who fit them are not really interested in whether or not they provide and real performance benefit so long as they look good! (read the majority of replies to the posts - "wow - looks great" etc.)

These add-on 'upgrades' are just expensive cosmetic trinkets (in my opinion) I can see the point in spending big bucks on 'proper' brakes / lowered suspension on a car that might be used for track days tho' on a two tonne truck - why bother?

Can someone who has fitted these performance brake kits tell me if there's any change made to the standard brake master cylinder...generally, when upgrading brake systems, the calipers and master cylinder's volume and pressure must be known and accounted for - you know (P1×V1 = P2×V2) just bolting on big rotors and bright colored multi-piston calipers is only half the story.

As for lowering a 4x4 (sorry SUV) - don't get me started.

Last edited by CatFlap; 06-02-2014 at 04:07 PM..
Appreciate 0