View Single Post
      02-17-2017, 09:13 AM   #41
mermar
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winn View Post
I picked up a used '15 50i M-Sport with DHP last May with only 8k miles. They are hard to find...I was looking for about 9 months for what I wanted near me. Depreciation on the V8s is something to take advantage of if you like the power. I've put over an additional 10k miles on with no oil burn...and mine came with the Dinan stage one tune so it's running a little harder. If you're concerned about reliability, get an extended warranty. As for gas mileage, I've average 17mpg since I got it...with mostly city driving. I've seen as high as 22mpg on the highway and as low as 11mpg in the city (after my wife drove it!). Those are the extremes though.

I love my X5. In comfort mode, it's a luxury cruiser. In sport plus, it's a muscle car.
Thanks for the feedback. If I understand DHP correctly - it makes comfort more comfortable (softer) and Sport+ more performance oriented. would you agree? Only odd thing with the 50i I am picking up (with DHP) it has 19" Pirelli all seasons. So all the great suspension - but if the rubber on the road is just average...not sure how that will work out.