rmacgurn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X63.0D, 911C4S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauritzm View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience.

Carplay does work great, except it's on 2/3rd screen, so I am not sure what the previous owner did. When I go to the BMW ConnectedDrive it says I can buy Carplay for 60 bucks...

So for me it would be 200 bucks. I also want do some BimmerCode changes, quite a few actually, but I understand that after Bimmer Remote software upgrade those won't work.

For now I think I will just leave it at 2/3rds and use BimmerCode to do changes I want (heated seat settings, remove startup warnings etc.)
having a 2018 X6 and just doing this I can offer these thoughts.
1. I used bimmercode to do a USB unlock for CarPlay and was full screen as my EVO version was N. however that patch blocks other changes in the HU by bimmer code until you refresh the HU.
2. I wanted to add other things to my car and move up to later software and found the best way to do that was a $25 enet cable from amazon and a free download of esys and psdz 230gb data file.
3. I have ISTA+ put was afraid to use if for more then basic trouble shooting and maintenance items.
4. I can recommend a guy (now on easter vacation) can do it very cheap $115 including updating other modules and even your maps to latest version 2022. it will give you full screen CarPlay, android screen share, music and videos/movies from a USB stick in your center console, even can watch while in motion.
there are other upgrades that occur when you update to Bmw's latest software as well.

send me a pm if you want the contact or the download links.
thanks
Appreciate 0