12-31-2016, 04:51 PM   #10
ejholt
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: SRT Viper / M3 / X6M / Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Technically, stage 2 doesn't require either hard part but you will not be garnering the advertised gains without them. In reality the exhaust only contributes a slight bit of power at the top end of the power but nothing that is really noteworthy. The exhaust for all intents and purposes is a sound only upgrade. The intake and stage 2 are where you are getting the power from although again you could run stage 2 without the intake and you would still get a minimal gain from over stage 1 due to a slight boost increase in the stage. You will be running slightly richer however as the stage 2 tune is expecting more air from the revised intake that isnt there. The intake also helps with drivability as the throttle response is improved.

Since it will be the next question....Without the intake and just stage 2 you may get another ~5-7 HP over stage 1 (peak).

Maybe I'm missing something here...

Stage 1 is just the Tune without Intake and Exhaust, which yields 702 hp max?

The Intake can offer a max hp increase of 23 hp.

In theory, these 2 combined, would offer 725 hp max?

Does Stage 2 require the Exhaust due to it's programming or can it utilize just the Intake?

How about if you decide to go with a different Full Cat Back Exhaust (i.e. GT Haus, RPi, Eisenmann, Akrapovic) - will Stage 2 be compatible or does it require some additional programming?

Thank You!
Appreciate 0