No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1230vani View Post
Dealer said that the error messages I get:

1) cruise control error (I get it every time I start the car)

2) chasis error (happens at time, need to restart the car and it goes away)

Service tells me they are software errors? Sounds strange, but they say they do not have a software update yet, expected in 2 weeks and they will do it for free overnight under warranty. Now, when I had my old car (E71) I heard that you DO NOT want to do a software update on your car. Now my question is does it make sense what they say and is it OK they run a software update or am I then looking at some other problem. I had a newer loaner and noticed that there are very small difference in the NAVI for example, but I do not like them (e.g. to shut off additional info on the navi screen you need to press the idrive and the info on radio and such dissapears, on this newer build you go through another small menu to remove additional info). I did not play around much and do not know if there are other differences.

On a side note I want to do a BMW OEM performance upgrade (power) and the dude at the service is telling me I have to upgrade the brakes then as well? I do not think that he is right. I planned to install brakes when they are anyways due for a change.
1230vani - For the first time today experienced my first issue; Chasis Error came up after driving for 10 minutes @ 65 MPH. I rang BMW Concierge who said I should contact BMW Service Dept. when they open up on Monday morning.
I checked the Vehicle Status which said No Issues but the red triangle with the exclamation mark still appeared on the right of the instrument panel. I kept at a steady 60 MPH on the motorway but after about 40 miles I pulled over, switched off and waited a couple of minutes before re-starting and the error cleared.

Has your problem gone away or is it still an issue?

Will contact BMW Dealer tomorrow anyway.

Anyone else experienced this....my build date was 5th April.
Problem there occassionaly, cruise control appears everytime. BMW said all is good with the car, fully ignored my input from the forum and now waiting latest SW update, perhaps next week and ALL issues will dissapear miraculously!
Appreciate 0