Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK170 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Well had it in for a 2 hour alignment (insane) and asked to check the noise. Found to be now the upper driver side control arm. Of course. And just had the alignment done.

Anyone know the difference between the standard upper control arms and the +- 30MIN versions?

Edit: got the car back and they recommend I install the camber correcting version of the control arms. Which is the +-30. Not sure which one I need yet. Gonna get a call back in the morning.
Are you on the OEM suspension or are you lowered with an aftermarket kit?

Curious because I am getting this all too common noises as everyone has described. I'm under warranty for another 22K miles, but I guarantee the dealer is going to say the repair will not be covered since I with the ACS kit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post
That's + or - 30 minutes of camber is my guess.

The wishbones are known to bend per a BMW independent shop owner I know. Interesting they recommended the camber correcting one. What were the results of the alignment. Can you post the before/after numbers (or better yet, the machine print out)?
Apparently it's two different topics the tech was going down. So first he recommended the offset camber for the upper control arm since he couldn't quite get the camber perfectly aligned. I'll post the results when I can. The noise however is coming from the ball joint of my lower wishbone which pisses me off cuz that thing I replaced not 6 months ago. But as I installed myself I feel like the dealer is going to cause me some trouble. She already tried to tell me how it needs to be installed under tension which I told her I know and did as I used NEWTIS to install. FML

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK170 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Well had it in for a 2 hour alignment (insane) and asked to check the noise. Found to be now the upper driver side control arm. Of course. And just had the alignment done.

Anyone know the difference between the standard upper control arms and the +- 30MIN versions?

Edit: got the car back and they recommend I install the camber correcting version of the control arms. Which is the +-30. Not sure which one I need yet. Gonna get a call back in the morning.
Are you on the OEM suspension or are you lowered with an aftermarket kit?

Curious because I am getting this all too common noises as everyone has described. I'm under warranty for another 22K miles, but I guarantee the dealer is going to say the repair will not be covered since I with the ACS kit.
I am lowered but only been lowered since October.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0