Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti View Post
I added them on my 2014 535 and haven't regretted it for 1 second. I coded them for the variable light distribution on the low beams. This raises the headlights up a tad and moves the left headlight more to the left to lay down a broad beam pattern for your low beams. The anti dazzle is great when running your high beams. On either setting no one is blinded and I've never had anyone flash their high beams at me. Just ordered a 2015 X5D and the wife demanded the LED's in hers after driving my car.
I'm considering this. Aren't there other prerequisites to code for this besides having the LED lights? If I'm not mistaken, the X5 also needs the "Night Vision w/Pedestrian Detection" package to code for the European anti-dazzle feature, which also means no fog lights. Or is it the "ACC Stop and Go" option? I would like to hear from someone who has coded this on an X5 in the US. If I plan on coding for this, what are the required options that need to already be on the car to do this?
No, if you order the lighting package, it comes with the high beam assistant. That's all you need to have great coded headlights. The night vision and acc stop and go are separate and work independently of the headlights