View Single Post
      10-13-2016, 11:58 AM   #68
JonM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikheetleon View Post
Hey guys, I've just tried this retrofit. I couldn't get the AUX connector off, so I left this panel and worked it out of the center storage box when removing it. Now the thing where I get stuck is to install the trim on the passenger side. Somehow the trim first has to go up a little before it can go down and click down in the clips. But no matter what angle I try, the trim can not go any further up because of the dashboard. I've removed the lower trim as well but that didn't help me. The mounting bracked looks like it should go just a little bit lower, but it doesn't. I'm at the point where I want to grab the multitool and start cutting, but first I thought to ask here. :-)
I had the same issue with the passenger side. There isn’t enough space. My solution, which wasn’t mentioned in the excellent PDF provided by R33, was to leave the 2 T20 silver screws out of the new bracket (comes with the knee pad part). This way the bracket can float a little. Dock the metal locking tab into the center console completely. Then drive home the 2 silver T20 screws from the passenger side. This will help greatly. This is a slight deviation from the PDF.
16 X5d | 08 M3 Sedan | 06 M Coupe | 01 M coupe | 99 M coupe
Appreciate 1