View Single Post
      03-14-2017, 12:57 PM   #27
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckybadger View Post
An oil change at the dealer is $130.00 and plugs get changed every 60K. Diesel engines probably have different schedules, I don't know.
diesels are even less maintenance and cost. Oil change kits are $70 dollars for parts only. There are no spark plugs in diesels. Diesels do have DEF adds, but that's like dirt cheap...$10 for 2.5 gallons of DEF from Walmart if you use a modified Kruse bottle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckybadger View Post
Why would a DIYer like yourself even comment on the value of an extended maintenance plan? With my spare time I would rather be golfing or driving my 456M, not to mention I don't have the tools or knowledge to do my own repairs. Changing oil in the dead of winter might be fun for some, just not me.
you don't have to be a DIY to say that extended maintenance doesn't pay. I myself will never touch my brakes, not even pads. I will only do oil, air filter and DEF fluid on my diesel. I just had my brakes replaced on my car. I bought OE parts through online BMW retailer (discounted of course) and took it to an indie. I think all-in, it cost me less than $1000.