View Single Post
      08-21-2017, 12:53 PM   #1
Kdawg1966
Private
Rep
Drives: '15 X5 Msport

New here: Looking for a quick education on wheels

Hi all,

I'm new here and have been perusing the site, as it looks to be a wealth of information regarding all things BMW X5. I have been an Audi guy for a while but have recently test driven a X5 and am strongly considering switching things up.

I have been looking at a few '14 X5's for sale locally and have quickly decided that I like the aggressive look of the bigger tires and wheels on the X5.

I've done a few searches on this site and a lot of reading but can't seem to find the answers to a number of questions:

If I buy a '14 X5 with standard OEM 19's on it, is it as easy as removing them and then replacing them with the bigger tires and wheels?

I've read multiple threads where folks talk about "staggered" vs squared. What is "staggered"? Is there a functional reason for it?

I've also read some threads where folks talk about using spacers. Why would this be necessary?

Do all the 20 inch setups have bigger tires and wheels on the back vs front? Is there a functional reason for this?

Are there any other things I need to know when considering buying a X5 with 19 inch wheels, with the intention of switching it over to a 20 inch package?

I really have done my due diligence and maybe I'm a little light between the ears but I haven't been able to answer the above questions by utilizing the search function. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0