01-09-2022, 01:11 PM   #35
Blue By You
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB X5M F85

0W30

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvesD View Post
Would be useful to know how they came to observe that, strange as its Ferraris reccomend oil.

I'm going to use Liqui Molly next time in the same grade.

��
I know, weird...

Up to you. But I've done some research before and over the past few days. There are a couple of Motul and Red Line oils that have better specs than the Liqui Moly 0W30 as far as I could tell. (I looked it up because I'm in the middle of an oil switch myself...)

FWIW if you're inclined, check out:

- Red Line 0W30 (Not BMW approved, but performance designed to replace LL01-FE oil with an extremely low pour point and other numbers are good)

- Motul 8100 X-Max 0W40 (Not BMW approved but on par with LL01 and seems like an excellent oil with a great HTHS)

- Motul 8100 X-Cess gen2 5W40 (BMW LL01 approved, same flash point and pour point as the 0W40 - pour point is one reason why we buy the 0 weight? - with a higher HTHS, this seems like the silver bullet go-to from now on especially in summer and/or if tuned)

Oil can be debated for weeks, so not trying to impose my views on your oil choice. Just wanted to share what I've learned over the past few days.
Appreciate 0