View Single Post
      09-15-2017, 10:42 PM   #4
expidia
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by double_j View Post
I've used Meguiars SD on black and never had a problem with it. That said, I only ever used it as a spot/quick treatment after laying down a good base layer of sealant first.

I have the Blackfire spray and I don't really think it's noticeably better than the Meguiars. Very few (if any) spray detailers will be good enough to serve as a standalone final step product.

It sounds like your expectations for a spray detailer are way too high. It also sounds like your car needs a good decontamination (clay or similar) and polishing. No sealant (spray or otherwise) will do a great job of dressing up a damaged surface underneath.

Finally, note that continuous buffing is not effective unless you are still trying to remove excess sealant from the paint surface. Since spray detailers are so thin, they should come off with one or two wipes plus maybe one or two light wipes for a final touch.

Once all excess product is removed, the only thing continued buffing will do is risk damage to the paint. At that point, you're not buffing anymore, you're scrubbing/scraping.
Thanks for your reply.
It was not being used as a stand alone product. I've been detailing my own rides for years.
A few weeks ago I . . .
.1 Clay barred first with a Nanoskin mitt (much better and easier than clay.
.2 Menzerna polish (Fine cut).
.3 2 coats of Menzerna Power Lock
.4 2 coats of P21S Carnauba Wax

Did my Audi a few days later too exactly the same.
Both cars came out "like glass"

Can't get away from slight water spotting though so after washing and drying with microfiber cloths I like to use a spray detailer to remove the spots and deepen the gloss.

McGuires Spray Detailer will never touch my rides again

I'l try P1et'ss Optimum Instant Detailer suggestion if the Blackfire doesn't do it for me.

I'd like to get my hands on that Bouncers Done and Dusted, but a google does not show it being sold anywhere in the U.S.

My objective with a spray detailer is #1 a gloss enhancer wet look and #2 very good water beading between washes.

Last edited by expidia; 09-16-2017 at 11:24 AM..
Appreciate 0