View Single Post
      09-20-2017, 05:38 PM   #14
expidia
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

Optimum came today so I did the other 1/2 of the car for my test of the two products.
You use 8 oz of optimum and 3 cups (24 oz distilled water). thx for that distilled water tip I dont think it says use distilled on label.

Optimum is definitely the cheaper spray on detailer as that $20 32 oz bottle makes 128 oz of product. They both sell for around $57 a gallon, but the diluting of the Optimum gives you 4 Gallons of product after dilution against 1 gallon of undiluted Blackfire.

I think Optimum might have an edge as to the ease of how quickly it removes dried on water spots over the Blackfire. Today seemed easier with less rubbing or wiping over those dried on water spots.

Silky feel of the paint surface feels about the same with each product after application.

Optimum seemed to take less effort of lightly buffing after wiping on with one side of a microfiber and then lightly buffing with the other side dry side of the cloth.

Gloss seems about the same for each product.

The one rellaybig feature that stands out over the other is the beading of water. It must be the slickness or the type of polymer that Backfire uses.
See the pics below. The first two left side of hood are the Optimum and the other two are the right side of the hood with the Blackfire I did yesterday.

The Blackfire literally sheeted the water off as I was spraying (and I sprayed each side twice for fairness and using the same spray angle on each side) I have to give water repelling to the Blackfire.

Last test is endurance and the Blackfire description says to re-apply every 7-10 days.
Be interesting to see which product repels dirt better or how it looks after it rains.

They both say they are polymer sealants in a spray composition and the Blackfire does say it bonds with seal coatings and carnauba wax top coats.

Interesting bullet point on the Blackfire in that they say: Particular attention was used making this spray wax trouble-free on black and red cars, even in climates of high heat and humidity. You will not have problems with hazy patches, streaks or cloudiness. Just a rich, uniform shine!

Haha . . . hazy patches, streaks or cloudiness thats exactly what the McGuires was leaving me on my black car and it was a pleasure to dump that crap out and refill their bottle with the Optimum.

Those black vertical lines on the hood pics are just reflections of the overhead power and telephone lines.
Attached Images

Last edited by expidia; 09-21-2017 at 06:47 AM..
Appreciate 1
P111572.00