02-12-2018, 02:46 PM   #197
atomic80
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violator View Post
Great timing (for me)!
I am about to do a complete interior mod and it includes the ones that you have done here. I am swapping the interior trim to the OEM CF trim kit, w/center console and shifter. I am also adding the red button and knee pads as well. Any tips that you can offer?

Ughhh, I still need to swap out the reflector for the painted one that I have had sitting in the closet for almost a year now.

Your mods look great, any other mods in the future?
The right passenger kneepad trim piece was a bit hard to put in. I kept thinking that the silver trim would scratch up the console cover but just gotta keep the back part high and force it in and then it'll come down. The driver's side was much easier. Also be careful pulling up the shift knob cover..there are 5 metal clips that are easy to fall off. They'll "disappear" underneath if they do come off. Pull it off gently with some force.

I thought about doing the CF trim pieces but ultimately in the end I decided to just stay with the wood. I have CF all over in two of my other cars and that's enough for me.

I still have the black spoiler lip that I may or may not install. Not sure I want to mess with the overall "clean" look of the exterior.
Appreciate 1
Violator4587.50