View Single Post
      09-01-2021, 02:47 AM   #30
dubs
Private
Rep
Drives: C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomzara View Post
+1, same noise on xDrive35i. Only noticeable with windows down when passing a parked car or a wall. Here's my video with this ticking noise(clearly audible when the car starts at 0:07
).

Had multiple service appointments, nobody was able to solve and even detect what is producing that sound.
Important: on my vehicle the sound is ONLY present at warm (even rather "hot") engine after 15-30 minutes of drive. Appears at random RPM - from 1000 to approx. 2200 RPM(?) and only under load/uphill. No sound at all when cold start (until the engine bay gets hot enough).

P.S. Had tested it on lifted up vehicle with both brake & throttle pedals down to the floor: the sound definitely went from the right bottom section of the engine bay, so this may be something like turbocharger/catalytic converter/right engine mount/right CV axle/...
The sound definitely does NOT go from the transfer case, the TC is 2ft. behind the source of this noise...
I had the same exact clicking with your exact scenarios I actually mentioned this on my previous post. It ended up being the wastegate flap of turbo dealer replaced entire turbo as changing just the flap wasn't an option and noise has been non existent ever since. Dealers will say this is normal because no codes are thrown and quite frankly it doesn't effect the car performance wise I actually got denied twice of any repair until it was approved by a very knowledgeable master tech who went on a test drive with me and knew right away what it was.

Last edited by dubs; 09-01-2021 at 03:03 AM..
Appreciate 0