View Single Post
      08-01-2017, 09:29 PM   #2
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyantA View Post
I have come across what would pretty much be my dream X5 (coming from an e90) but today I learned via carproof that it has an estimated $15k in repairs due to a front-center collision.

Still worth considering or avoid like the plague?
Coming from e90 too, went through same process. Looked at couple x5 with accident. General consensus is to avoid such cars. However, it really depends on price, what exactly was damaged, who repaired it (was it BMW dealership or indy shop) and how willing are you to accommodate such x5 into your life.

If price is really good and if everything was repaired top notch by a BMW dealer and if you are willing to put up with issues down the road with selling the car (accident cars harder to sell) and if it's really your dream car (make no mistake - if you are for the power it has to be at least 50i, if you are for the comfort and looks - make sure it has right color, interior and all options you want) then anything is possible.

Front center collision on a x5 f15 worth $15k can be: 1 or 2 airbags, front bumper cover, hood, radiator, possibly headlights and probably bumper itself (real steel bar bumper, not plastic cover) and plus all the grills and cosmetics. All this parts + labor + paint = easily $15k if not more. So it can be pretty good deal. However, if damage involved bent frame and such or if car was repaired at indy shop that did a so-so job - then I woudn't touch that car.

Try to get more info from the seller about accident first before deciding. A thorough PPI needs to be done of course. All this considering price is really good - otherwise don't bother with such car

Last edited by DuSh; 08-01-2017 at 09:38 PM..
Appreciate 0