View Single Post
      08-01-2017, 11:40 PM   #5
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyantA View Post
It's an x35d in a colour I really like, 35k km, pretty much every feature too. Dealer list is 50k CAD. (wish we had closer to US pricing...) it was employee owned, dealership purchased direct from BMW Canada, still a few months of warranty left however 1yr additional was quoted at 3600, 2yrs - get this - 9700!

I test drove another 2014 x35d, no accident, 86000km with just premium package and not a colour i love for 5k less. I much prefer the lower km, colours and features... just not the accident.
Looks like it was repaired by BMW dealership then? If so - it's worth checking out. They can tell exactly what was replaced. Was $15k damage in CAD? That's like a new bumper and a paint job at dealers prices

Update: Yeah, I found it. Nice car. It's not even $15k CAD according to Carproof. IMHO they change passenger seat airbag control module + airbags themselves )lots of them deployed during front collision, but it depends on speed too), cooler/radiator, lines, bumper + cosmetics + hood + paint + alignment and labor = way way more than $15k CAD, so IMHO it was a low speed collision NOT involving any frame issues or engine etc. Considering it was a official BMW Canada repair (car was leased at that time) - I wouldn't hesitate to check the car and go from there, but that's just me. I can understand majority of people will get scared and run away when you mention accident word

Last edited by DuSh; 08-01-2017 at 11:58 PM..
Appreciate 0