View Single Post
      04-12-2024, 07:48 PM   #23
lakefishing2000
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5 xdrive35i

Hi james, thanks for the update. My update is that my new clutch coil and pulley was blowing cold for about 24 hours. Then it stopped working. I am still pulling code 80436E, Compressor clutch: line interruption or short circuit to positive.

I put the multimeter on the old clutch and the new denso compressor I bought. Both show the same numbers. I don't think my issue is the clutch. My line from compressor is showing zero volts. I am almost at the point of putting in a new compressor, but I am not sure that will fix it. I do know when the clutch was engaged, it blew cold, was recharged 8 months ago.

I did replace the valve cover about a month ago, did not notice air condition issues as it was still pretty cold outside. Have no idea when the ac went.

re: coolant, years ago I had a honda civic that would eat coolant, had a hairline fracture on cylinder 3. coolant would come out of exhaust pretty quickly, and the tank would empty. We are talking in a matter of minutes, the whole reservoir would empty. Had to get remanu head to fix it.
If you are planning to tear it down to that level, might as well pull out engine and get all the seals and lower gaskets, basically a rebuild. good luck.
Appreciate 0