View Single Post
      01-18-2015, 12:17 PM   #66
42pilot
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by paicapo View Post
I use a sensor reader that works whit the obd2 to read cat temp on bank 1, DPF= diesel partical filter a filter connected to the exhaust system (restricts motor by 15-20 hp) for
environmental reasons. I will check egt but that gauge have not been working properly.
I'm in f/6 now but I think the most gains are to be made in S setting 0-3 after that the gains for each wheel notch are slowing down. Try to get some 0-60 Times when the weather allows.
Nice - which reader do you use? I can use ScanTool and DashCommand to get basic stuff.

My Ford Powerstroke had a DPF but I removed it nearly 8 years ago. It did not affect horsepower by 10% though. I removed it to install a 4 inch turbo-back exhaust.

I'm back to F2, and not satisfied. I liked F3 but since I own the car, I'm not willing to stress the motor (with the additional heat) with that kind of timing regardless what RC tells me (within engine specs). I need this thing to last many years I'm OK with more fuel, but not so early in the combustion cycle.

Here are three trivia questions for everyone on our 35d motors:

1. How many turbos does our TwinTurbo Power engine have?

2. How many injector events are there per combustion cycle?

3. Which is more important for power relative to boost: PSI or MAF?