View Single Post
      03-01-2015, 10:43 AM   #1
scofike
Rep
Drives: '08 335i and '15 X5

Coding 6NS - How do I know I did it right?

Thanks to the terrific posts on this site, I took a stab at coding my 2015 X5 last week. I first did the VO coding to add 6NS since I chose not to order the car with the Enhanced BT, knowing I could code it in. After I coded it, following along with the videos in the coding thread, I then did some FDL coding to add things like DVD in motion (works great), door unlock on engine off (also works), and allowing window up even thru door opening (works). But I cannot tell if the 6NS coding worked. So my question to the group is...how do you verify its working? My observations:

* I saw no difference in the album art display when using Spotify (as before, it would only show the art of the first song played and stayed that way thru all other songs)
* Still only seems to connect to one phone at a time...Under connections, it shows only one connected, even though my wife and I both have our phones in the car and both were re-paired after coding.
* When in the car, if I get a new test message, I see the envelope icon appear and can go to messages and read it or have it read back to me. I dont recall doing this before coding, but I dont drive it as much as my wife.

So...how do i know I did it right and its working? Note that I did NOT remove any three-digit codes from SALAPA Element, since 6NH was not present (and I dont think it should be for MY15 cars...right?).
Appreciate 0