Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
Screen mirroring works only with high spec Android phones. I have tried with an iPhone 8 without any luck. I have a Samsung A5 and you can code it to be visible up to 63kmph with E Sys or pay USD50 and get a *.bin file which you upload to the car via the USB port and then reboot the head unit and you then get video in motion (VIM) which unlocks all video based features (CarPlay, Screen Mirroring, USB Video, and DVD) at any speed.

Reading text Messages and Emails on the move can be enabled using E Sys.
However Connected Drive Services (e.g. News weather Apps etc) are controlled via provisioning of car, and for older NBT, this can be manipulated, but for NBT2 units that are either I Drive 5 or 6 the file is digitally signed by BMW AG, so not possible to edit. Australian spec BMW's have Apps in motion disabled due to local regs however I have noticed on my X3 and X5 that the iOS only Spotify App on the iPhone now works in motion. The BMW Connected Drive and BMW Calendar Apps for both Android and Apple also now work in motion

PM Shawn Sheridan for contact details of supplier of *.bin file for VIM >63kmph
Yes, It is true.
My phone is LG G6 (2017), the Screen works correctly but I would like to use when I drive with Waze or Google Maps.
In the same line, if the screen works, the another functions of I drive doesn't work.
Por example, is it possible to use Waze with screen and listen FM?
In my case I have not installed AppleCar yet.
Thanks!
[/QUOTE]

You can use Google Maps and run the TuneIn radio App at the same time in the background but not FM or other sound source as far as I am aware. I did manage by fluke to get another sound source to work once via Bluetooth