View Single Post
      10-05-2014, 07:31 PM   #4
WFBlue
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

I just traded my 2012 Cayenne S for an X-5. Also test drove the RR Sport. Loved the Cayenne, but the v-8 engine and transmission was not as refined as the X5 (surprising to me). RR tech is really not close to either the X5 or Cayenne. It is outdated, the screen is small and the CPU lags, big time.

Cayenne drives less like a truck than the x5, even though the F15 is apparently less truck-like than the prior X5. I really think the Cayenne had a nice mix of handling between and SUV and sports car. The RRS us very truck-like, but I enjoyed the ride. I think the RRS interior is nice, but not any better than the Porsche and the X5 is pretty close as well (I have the leather dash which definitely upgrades the interior). No question that the Porsche leather was really top notch.

Both the Cayenne and RRS are much more expensive than the X5 when you really load them up with options. Full leather in the Cayenne is around $5K IIRC, 21" rims $5500 +. It gets really expensive. RRS is similar. Finally, as I stated in another post, the sales people I dealt with for the RRS/Jaguar here in NC were ridiculous people. Obnoxious and arrogant. Porsche folks were awesome to deal with as were the BMW people.
Appreciate 0