View Single Post
      04-12-2024, 04:18 PM   #7
FREE100KSECRET
Rep
Drives: BMW e70 4.8

BMW 40E EPC Valve Short Fault B+

Curious, since this is an old thread I was hoping someone has an update on these issues of slipping sensation when starting. ICE goes up to 2K before it appears to fully engage. I just purchased vehicle not running, so after much research I found issue of no starting. It was a DME wire short in harness. I suspect the dealership hacks are the reason, but given they gave up I don't trust anything they did in trying to fix problems.

OK, when I got it the 12VDC battery was not holding charge and threw dozens of low voltage errors. So I was hoping this was going to be the only problem, but I still have a few faults after clearing them all. One is Gateway Module which I understand is critical for it bridges both the DME and EME, and I have fault codes for both. 21A117 which is DME issue. 222D04 which is EME issue. E1CC3 which is missing receiver HU-H transmitter DME/DDE faults.

So has anyone experienced similar issues, I can't seem to get into hybrid e-max mode as well, and hybrid battery charges up all the way and no faults, so I suspect it is EME, but need to do more research. I don't want to drop transmission pan to check EPC valve or replace it unless there is no other option. I have 111K miles so I will do transmission service at same time. This 40-E hybrid is new to me and not like any other Bimmer I have had.

Last edited by FREE100KSECRET; 04-12-2024 at 04:23 PM..
Appreciate 0