View Single Post
      08-18-2015, 08:17 PM   #1
Mlgatl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i 2020

Picked up my X5d at the Performance Delivery Center today

What a great experience. The PDC is awesome. The track driving in an X5d with DHP just like mine was a blast and got met so amped to get my car. The off road driving was fun but did not compare to the track for me in terms of excitement but was great to see how capable the trucks really are.

The factory tour was a real highlight. The scale of the operation was so impressive. We saw X3s and X4s being built. I learned that this year Spartenburg built their 3 millionth car. Once the X7 line is operational at the end of 2018 or early 2019 Spartenburg will be the largest BMW factory in the world.

I got my car in a private garage/office with its own glass garage door though which I drove my X5 for the first time. All of the staff where awesome.

The ride home was in a torrential rain for the entire 2.5 hours. I can't wait to driving to work tomorrow without the fear of death and with the memories of getting my car at the PDC.

If you are ordering a BMW I highly recommend you take delivery at the PDC. We had people from NEw Jersey, Indianna, SC and Utah in our group.

More to come as I add miles to the car. Thanks to everyone here for your thoughts as I figured out what I wanted.
Best- Mike
Attached Images

Appreciate 1