Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnikolov
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1230vani View Post
Downsides of the M50d imo, are no option for active steering (hydraulic, better feel), consumption increase and ACtive Sound which when in sport mode disturbs the quality of the audio system output (many B&O owners code it off). I must say that I love the M50d but it does have disadvantages. 40d (new one) is a good compromise, does not compare to E71 (I owned previously). Also if you add more power ( m performance for 30d) then you cannot have tow hitch with higher load capacity.
I have the active steering and I think this extra is a joke. Yeah, it's hydraulic, but so what? The wheel is so dead that you can't feel anything from the road.
I find the feel (resistance) more than that of M50d steering (which has some M steering). I find it being a lot different compared to all other combinations i drove (loaner cars etc). I come from an E71 and was soo dissapointed with steering feel of the F15 that i almost did not place the order. Find F15 with mpackage and AS by far the best. Did not try the X5M version.
Appreciate 0