View Single Post
      09-21-2017, 12:09 PM   #9
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs11 View Post
What are some of the little things about your X5 that you were either pleasantly surprised with or mildly upset with.

Con's:
I find the navigation cumbersome to use and it often does not find what I want it to.
Must be the aerodynamics but the rear end is always filthy.
Rear door does not open high enough IMO.
A few times I have reengaged my cruise control accidentally because of where the buttons are.
Sunglasses do not fit in the holder.
Velcro holding floor mat doesn't work very well.

Pro's:
TPMS with each tire actual readout.
Drive - I knew it would be nice but I still smile when I get in this thing after 3 months, she drives like a dream.
Auto windshield wipers - never thought I'd use them as I'm fussy but they work exactly as if they were programmed for me.
Heated seats get hot fast - that's per my wife
I did't think the interior lighting was a big deal but I now think it's looks very nice at night - same with the lights in the door handles

Again, what were some of the smaller things you guys have found to like or dislike?

Con's:
I find the navigation cumbersome to use and it often does not find what I want it to.
I think the NBT is hands down so much easier to use and look at than the CIC and CCC, both on cars that I own. But then again, I don't buy a car for its electronics, I buy it to drive it. All that's on my screen is just map with traffic colors, that's it.

Must be the aerodynamics but the rear end is always filthy.
ditto, same issue with E70 and other hatch style cars

Rear door does not open high enough IMO.
check your manual, there's a setting to adjust it. Do note, at the highest setting, you may run into issues of the door hitting the garage door

Sunglasses do not fit in the holder.
you mean the cupholder?

Velcro holding floor mat doesn't work very well.
might need to clean it. Could also be the way you put pressure on the mat when you get in and out of the car