Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataready View Post
Is that a risk of resetting an F15 to the default F25 default value?
Yes. That's why if you right click you'll see CODE and CODE DEFAULT/DEFAULT CODE (forget how it is shown). I read many forums and advanced coders said not to ever code default value because like you just stated, it will code everything to the default settings of the target connection (F25). @r33, I'm a little confused by what your default value means? Am I misunderstanding something?

For your other questions, I believe that if you re-inject your saved FA, you should be fine and it should return back to before you had changed the variable lighting. Perhaps, @skalberti or @wdimagineer can comment since they know more about this. I haven't tried this sort of reset yet, but you can obviously just change what you coded back to the default value within the CAFD module directly.
Did not do CAFD coding on the module itself, I just backed up the FA then edited it at the SALAPA level by removing the 2 codes (5AP & 8S4) then VO coded the BDC_BODY that is all. The reason for my question is because you said VO coding is permanent, I do understand that as (will not be erased if the car is programmed at the dealer), but wanted to make sure it can be reversed.
Appreciate 0