Rep
Drives: '15 F15, '16 G12

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-Namja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlevelhell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by apun426 View Post
Thanks for the responses. So pay the 26 bucks for each app, get the adapter and I should be good to go.

Any input on my second question, which is whether coding affects factory warranty for the on board computer?

Thanks again!
Don't get Bimmerlink until you're sure you need it. Coding produced zero errors for me, oddly.
Did you do any lighting or head unit coding? These triggered three errors right away on dash, and many more on bimmerlink app.

Does anyone know how to connect to front function module ecu? Bimmercode app doesn't show it.

So far I have done with vGate 2 WiFi(icar) + bimmercode/bimmerlink are:

1. Open/Close boot with trunk button on key fob.
(You have to hold button down while it's closing)

2. Fog lights with Parking lights. I really like this feature.

3. M splash screen + M performance digital gaugeI had this feature in the M3 and it's nice to see it again.

4. Signal indicators on HUD. Had mix feeling initially but it's nice. I'll keep it on there.

5. Folding mirrors with holding lock down on key fob. Also works with keeping your finger on comfort access. Choose not to do unfold with key fob.

6. Video in motion + Video USB. Haven't tried this.

Many more I want to do after figuring out why Front Electronic Module is not available. Cameras ra in higher speed would be neat for passengers.
Yep. Coded everything you did minus M splash and fog lights, plus some things you didn't. All errors cleared on restart.