View Single Post
      08-14-2017, 12:37 PM   #16
3X3=5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: in a lot of traffic

Turboawd - yes, I saw your post and even PM'ed you about it, and I appreciate your replies and review of the wheels. I too considered getting rep 469Ms from Wheel Zone SD, but my main reason was that I didn't want to wait for an OEM set to come up for sale in the classifieds. When I saw that autorimshop.com "had" them (they did not actually have em in stock), I decided to go with them. Obviously that didn't work out.

I don't think anyone can definitively say that the replicas are any more or less durable than OEM without doing a stress test on both. But I looked at this way: both wheels were seemingly available right now, why not go with OEM for a just little more money? The cost for tires, mount/balance, TPMS, shipping is all the same, so your total package cost with replicas is about $2600 or about $3000 for OEM. Didn't seem worth taking a chance. I'm not in any way saying I have reason to believe the replica wheels are bad, just that I have more confidence that the BMW designed wheel will perform well than the replica.

And I would say the same about many aftermarket wheels too.
Appreciate 0