05-07-2018, 01:42 PM   #29
boyce89976
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 5.0 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyewalt View Post
Found my old post:

I had a post on here about my vehicle shudder at part throttle that was progressively getting worse. I had it almost since I had the vehicle but they never found out what the cause was because it never threw out a code and was hard to duplicate. I took the vehicle in the other day because of a scheduled brake fluid change and mentioned this again. When I picked up the vehicle, they told me that there is a bulletin out for this issue SIB 12 23 16 (.4) in which they performed a vehicle coding and programming for the fix. FINALLY!!!!

Then someone said that they couldn't find the SIB so I looked again:

I re-read my service write up and that's the correct SIB 12 23 16 0 .90

Hope this helps.
I had this on a Honda Pilot (2012) and it got so bad I sold it. Honda did a bunch of stuff to try to fix it... loosened the engine and tranny mounts - drive it around a bit - and re-torque them, replaced the fluid 3 times, reprogramming, to name three. I suspect it had the same issue as described in this SIB. Glad you got it fixed.

I can feel a slight shudder in my 2014 X5, but it's intermittent and not repeatable. Only really happens when slightly letting off the throttle.
Appreciate 0