10-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #48
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fan22 View Post
The x6 always seemed pointless to me though...it horrible off road only seats 4 instead of 5, has a swooping roofline that ruins rear and blind spot views and the trunk isn't that big and to add its a gas guzzler. Why no buy a decent sports car? But I guess to each his own
1) Since you have a 4wd 3-series, I'm assuming that you know that there are very good reasons for driving a 4wd vehicle that have absolutely nothing to do with off roading.

2) 4 instead of 5? You're behind the times. My 2012 I bought 2.5 years ago seats 5.

3) Blindspot, splindspot. Drive with your gigantic mirrors. Now some of those 3- series coupes with tiny mirrors and no backup cameras are downright dangerous. Well, in my hands anyway. Since learning how to properly use mirrors at the PC, I've had way less 'close calls' in my low visibility x6 than I had in a lot of years of sedans and 10 years in various high visibility x5s.

4) And you can get how many suitcases in your 3-series? Mine holds more than my dad's Lincoln Town Car. No one would EVER say the trunk of a town car is 'not that big'. I can also get over 40 bags of mulch in it. 50" flat screen without laying it down? No. But I couldn't do that in my X5 either.

The X6 has just as much room from the back hatch to the back of the 2nd row. If you don't like your packing to rise above the bottom of the head rests so you can see out the back window, then you can get just as much in it as an x5. If you couldn't I'd be leaving bags at home. Which I'm not.

5) Gas guzzler? I own that. But I only get 16mpg in all my 335 loaners, so I don't feel so bad about it. (You get 0mpg at stop signs and lights... I get bad mpg in everything). I got 19mpg in my x5 35d. Horrifying.

6) Decent sports car? Because my behind would be too close to the ground, it probably wouldn't be 4wd, I wouldn't be able to pack for a family of five for a trip to the beach for a week, and I probably wouldn't get better mpg than I do now. That sum it up?
Appreciate 0