10-13-2013, 06:40 AM   #49
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fan22 View Post
The x6 always seemed pointless to me though...it horrible off road only seats 4 instead of 5, has a swooping roofline that ruins rear and blind spot views and the trunk isn't that big and to add its a gas guzzler. Why no buy a decent sports car? But I guess to each his own
In addition to what Barbja said, I will say this -

1. Off road the X6 has the same exact capabilities as the X5. Neither of them are a Range Rover, but both are respectable. You should go to the BMW Performance Center and do the off road course. I have, and it's impressive.

2. My X6M has 5 seats. It's a $350 option for those so inclined.

3. Swooping roofline makes the car beautiful and aggressive. If you know how position your rear view mirrors then you will not have a blind spot. You should not see the sides of your car in the mirrors. This is a neat trick few people are aware of. Rear view is not as good as in say a van, but enough for daily driving. There is also a reverse camera for parking. This isn't a big deal.

4. The trunk is actually again the same size as X5 except up top. How often do you fill up the car to the brim? I can tell you in my previous X6 35i, I fit an entire costco shopping including the largest Traeger Texas Elite grill, into the car (seats folded down). I've fit an entire crib (disassembled) in there, a small refrigerator, and other various such items. For anything bigger, rent a U-Haul

5. The X6 35i was definitely not a gas guzzler. My X6M is one, but she's supposed to be. Again, X5 is the same with the same engine options, so I am not sure how this only applies to the X6.

The X6 has much more space than a sports car for big costco shoppings and for when you have two kids. However I do plan on getting an i8 as a stable mate to my X6M, but the X6M will still remain my trusty and very fast DadMobile!

You're right, to each their own.
Appreciate 0