Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsblackmon
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Wonder how many they do a day/week. 35 doesn't seem like many to me, supposedly only takes 24 hours now and mostly by robots. I would guess you'll be in production in a week, if it's really only 35 ahead of you. Total guess though, seems like a small number in the grand scheme of things.
Hey Chris,

To me 35 seems like a lot, but honestly, I have no idea what dealer volume is like month to month... I would defer to your opinion on this as it seems like you're pretty up on what's happening at the dealerships... I only think about this stuff every 3-6 years when I'm in the market for a new car.

If anyone is thinking about getting one, be aware. The sales guys are trying to get sticker for these F15s, arguing that demand is really high at the moment. Don't fall for it!

M
So you have 35 ahead of you overall or 35 just for your dealer? I'm imagining they pump out a couple hundred of these a month, so 35 in a week seems easy to me. When you think about it, the plant is making these for the entire world.. So they must be churning them out at a good volume. but honestly I have no idea when it comes to how many they sell or make in a week, etc. I've never been told how many cars are ahead of me, just build week and expected delivery.
Appreciate 0