View Single Post
      05-09-2016, 09:22 AM   #12
98PoleCat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast
i am a bit confused. before we go any further can someone explain the functionality of "last seat position?

in other vehicles that i own(ed) the option functions so that when my wife drives the car and parks it then i open the door with my key all my settings and features are called up and enabled. then when she walks over and opens the door all her settings and features are enabled without having to do anything except open the door or disable the alarm. is the f15 x5 supposed to have this feature as well or am i just confused with the way this option operates?
What you described is how most other vehicles work. All of your settings are saved to your remote. When that remote is used, your settings are used.

BMWs do all of that, but there's another layer. If you change something (move the seat forward, for example), the next time you use that remote, the seat will move to the forward position you moved it to, even if you don't save that new position to memory. Most other vehicles would move the seat to the memory position.

This is helpful if someone is borrowing you car. They can set the seat and mirrors where they like and not have to use the memory to save their settings between stops.
Appreciate 0