View Single Post
      02-16-2014, 08:11 PM   #2
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

I can finally answer my own question as I had a chance to test drive the new F15 35d for 30 minutes today. I have being driving a E70 35d for the last 5 years so was looking forward to the new F15 diesel.

Overall its just as good as the old E70 with a few notable observations ... It's very quiet. So is the whole car though, but at 70mph I don't think anyone could tell they were in a diesel. The new 8 speed gearbox is also very impressive with no real noticeable shift unless you stick you're foot down. At idle again is quiet .. way more so than the old E70. If you wind the wind down ... You will however be reminded its a diesel.

As with the old car diesel engine acceleration felt good but not like a rocket ship. The good thing is, it will pretty much feel the same way whether there's just you or a car full of people and luggage in the car.

The car was in M sport trim and overall looked good. Wish the kidneys were titanium rather than black. The car didn't have active cruise which is a shame because I wanted to try that out.

Overall though, sat in the driving seat of the new F15 BMW diesel is a very nice place to be.

Did I order one? No .... I'm going to wait for next years and let others help BMW fix some of those new car gremlins.
Appreciate 0