View Single Post
      07-06-2015, 05:29 AM   #18
Snow-Kidney
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboawd View Post
tell that to the multitude of businesses extorted by yelp, threatening with fake bad reviews, in exchange for money.
That is BS.

I have dealt with yelp for several companies, including my own, and I wish I could pay them for better sorting of reviews. I couldn't. I have worked with different reps and even had meetings with VPs. I paid thousands of dollars for advertising hoping that I could grease the wheels to remove fraudulent reviews. It never worked. Proving them to be fraudulent or against their TOCs or their having their filter weed them out are your only hope. Not cash.

Maybe there were people trying to scam business owners with promises or threats of reviews but it didn't come from yelp. Just like the Nigerian prince has nothing to do with the emails claiming to be him.

I even spoke with business owners who sound unintelligent after deeper questioning of the event because they have no clue what they are talking about.

People say cooky things so watch out what you repeat. Do some google searches and you will find the extortion scheme stories fall apart under scrutiny.
Appreciate 0