View Single Post
      08-16-2015, 02:35 PM   #33
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolosy
So... this is back. Walked out of the office on Wednesday (downtown Chicago), my car is parked on the street with its trunk wide open. Thankfully nothing stolen.

Drove to lunch, park, shut the door, trunk pops open. Close it again, start walking away, it pops open. Had to ask the hostess of the lunch place to keep an eye on it. Went back to service today.

I'm gonna start talking to them about a buyback. This is the start of week 4 in the shop for this issue. Ludicrous.
Yes, it's buy back time.

BMW knows that the cost to get you out if your car to keep you happy and loyal is totally worth it.

Even though it's not a sophisticated engine problem, BMW will cooperate.

In fact, since you're not dealing with a sophisticated issue (at least on the outside) it really comes down to numbers.

Even if they fix it, the next time you have any kind of problem with anything, you're going to go ape shit.

BMW understands this.

I would start by letting them know you want out. Then, be reasonable, no threats.

Just drive the loaner and don't even ask about the status of your repair.

Once you get past 30 days, it's game over. By your not complaining, inquiring, or even checking on the status, you will be giving the dealer enough rope to hang themselves.

So, sit tight. Plant the seed by telling them you want out. And, then play the game.

Sooner or later BMW will make you the offer.

Good luck. Please keep us posted. Although, if they do buy it back, you will sign a contract that says you can't tell us.
Appreciate 0