View Single Post
      09-23-2014, 02:27 PM   #46
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Another thing to consider is doing the front and rear bumpers in multiple pieces (wrap). Most will have to do this anyway at sharp compound curve areas but I would also suggest you do it in areas prone to being bumped and scratched. This way if you get a scratch or tear in the wrap you dont have to replace the entire bumper and just area damaged. Your installer will be able to join the pieces barely visible to the eye. I scratched the top part of my bumper while trying to load a bike into my trunk and now I have to live with it or redo my entire rear bumper! Live and learn....

Alan
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the advice, Alan. That's very helpful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbja View Post
If it were me, I would go with green (my favorite!) with MW. I think that I'd do blue or red (leaning to blue) with Satin Grey. I still think that they're stand-outs without taking focus away from the cool different body-color. But with standard MW, go for green and say "look at my awesome brakes!"
Haha, thank you Barb. I'm leaning towards green and blue. I also want a color that still looks good with the Mineral White in case I ever have to remove the wrap for whatever reason. I'm just a HUGE fan of the 918 spyder and the brakes always stand out every time...even though they delineate that the color represents the package (Eco Friendly for green) in Porsche.