Johndong888
John
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 M3, '18 S560, '16 G63

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
I think that this mat will look dirty all of the time:

all of that flat surface black area will show every speck of shoe dust, won't it? Was the E70 mat the same way and if so, did it look dirty all of the time?
all weather mats are soo damn ugly lol. They get that super dirty look in no time. I have of grooved oem all weather mats in the S550 and it's horrible. Looked super dirty all the damn time. I finally removed them and used the OEM carpet, much better. I know this all weather is not by weather tech.

I have the actual OEM MB weathertech mat for the ML550 and these are actually much better after some prep work. I used the Tuf Shine Tire Appearance Kit on the mats lol. It's rubber, should work the same and it definitely did. It kept the mats looking shiny but not overly shiny, a little on the matte side for that clean look instead of that dirty white dusty look after a while [Link]

I think I'll get the oem weathertech for the X5 whenever it comes because it looks good and I kind of need the durability.

If you don't need that much durability, you can always try Fabric Guard [Link] The liquid literally just sits on top of the carpet. I once left overnight food in the car without realizing and to make matters worse, it was dripping all over the carpet. Luckily I had used scotch guard so the next morning, the sauce was just sitting on top of the carpet and not soaked IN the carpet.

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 | 2014 AW X5 | 2015 MB S550 | 2016 RR V8 (White FTW)
Mods - BPMTune Stg1/Servo, Euro Visors & Side Mirror, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, OEM Perf. CF Trim/Spoiler, Grills, Lights, Pedals, Umnitza V4 AE, ModeCarbon GTS V1, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i
Appreciate 0