03-09-2018, 12:36 PM   #14
tkelley86
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeTeeX5 View Post
What I paid:
I paid $800 because I was misquoted but the normal cost for Opti Coat Pro is ~$1000 depending on current paint condition. If it just requires a 1 step polish then you'll be right around $1000. If there is more paint correction needed, price will go up. There is also an Opti Coat Pro+ that has a 7yr warranty. that goes for about ~$1400.

Length of process:
It took two full days. I dropped the car off on a Thursday morning and picked up on Friday at 6pm. The coating needs I believe 24 hrs of cure time in a controlled environment before being exposed to the elements.

Other products:
I did look in to other products, primarily Ceramic Pro 9H as it seems to be the other product with lots of reviews and feedback. It's more expensive (~$1400 5yr warranty) and supposedly better for black or bright colored cars. Having a white car I wasn't too concerned with this. There are other newer products, Cquartz Finest, Modesta, GTechnic but I didn't look too much in to those as I couldn't find an installer I trust that applies these coatings.

Decision:
I went with Opti Coat Pro as it was recommended by a couple installers I trust (it's cheaper than Ceramic Pro so you'd think they'd push Ceramic Pro, but that was not the case). Optimum also seems to have a stringent process to qualify an installer. The warranty seems solid and I've seen the Optimum guys on their forum do a fantastic job supporting folks who have any issues with their install. I also have used other Optimum products and have been extremely happy with them. I think your installer is the most important criteria as none of the coatings are any good if the paint correction and install isn't done properly.

Here's a few pics

at pick up:

Hood after 2 weeks rain. Previously there would be a clearly visible layer of built up grime after 2 weeks.
Thanks man, very helpful feedback. I'm definitely moving forward with this! They quoted me $1500 for the 7 year plus a nice 10% military discount They are one of the "certified" installers versus just a vendor that carries the product. Looking forward to an easier car washing experience!
Appreciate 0